Endometriosis: National strategy launched
President Emmanuel Macron has announced the launch of a national strategy to fightendometriosis. In his press release of January 11, 2022, the President rightly emphasized that for millions of women in France, personal and professional trajectories are altered, life projects are impacted, slowed down. Sometimes even prevented.
Since the launch of the Elia brand, we have supported the Endomind which for 14 years has made it a point of honor to relay these testimonies, of what endometriosis impacts on the lives of millions of women suffering from this disease. She has also worked hard to ensure that these women are heard and that significant progress is finally made in the treatment of endometriosis.
Since March 11, 2021, the association has taken an active part in the proposal that served as the basis for the development of the National Strategy for the fight against endometriosis mentioned by the President of the Republic and initiated by the Ministry of Solidarity and Health.
"Within the 5 working groups, we have endeavored to carry the voice of patients with conviction and determination, and to defend their interests, their expectations and their needs, without hesitating, when necessary, to alert the Minister's office, which has initiated new hearings." Nathalie Clary President of Endomind
The association wishes to stress the importance of the following measures to fight against endometriosis
- The development of care networks
- Training of health professionals
- Awareness, information and communication
- Detection and diagnosis of endometriosis
- Recognition of endometriosis as a long-term condition
The publication of the national plan represents considerable hope for progress in the management of endometriosis on a large scale. More than ever, the expectations and needs of patients are numerous and the work to be done is considerable.
ENDOmind has insisted in each of the working groups on the need to create a committee to monitor the implementation of the national strategy to ensure that it is implemented regardless of any changes in government.
We are pleased that this National Steering Committee will soon be placed under the Ministry of Solidarity and Health.
What are Endomind's actions for endometriosis research?
Since its creation, ENDOmind has been fully mobilized to act in favor of Endometriosis Research in order to highlight the colossal gaps and needs in this field, denouncing the lack of data, the low number of projects and the virtual absence of public funding.
- In 2018 the association initiated with the APHP the opening of the largest prospective research project, ComPaRe Endometriosis, which now has over 11,000 participants.
- The same year, ENDOmind created the ENDOrun, a major annual sporting event dedicated exclusively to raising funds for endometriosis research (nearly 100,000€ collected in 4 editions).
- Finally, in January 2021, ENDOmind created the Endometriosis Research Foundation (ERF) under the aegis of the Foundation for Medical Research. This is currently the only organization exclusively dedicated to funding endometriosis research, and it will be launching its second call for projects aimed at researchers by May. Its creation was welcomed by the Minister Olivier VERAN at the launch of the National Strategy in April 2021.
We are delighted to see the government finally getting involved in this crucial issue and welcome the measures that have been taken, in particular the networking of researchers on the disease in France and the establishment of an incubator to facilitate the setting up of research projects.
More articles on the subject of endometriosis:
Endometriosis: nutrition to calm inflammation?
How to manage endometriosis and irregular periods?
To find out more about Elia menstrual panties menstrual panties adapted to heavy periods, go to our website.
Leave a comment