President Emmanuel Macron has announced the launch of a national strategy to combatendometriosis. In his press release of January 11, 2022, the President rightly points out that for millions of women in France, personal and professional trajectories are altered, life projects impacted, slowed down. Sometimes even prevented.
Since the launch of the Elia brand, we have supported the Endomind association association, which for the past 14 years has made it a point of honor to relay these testimonials, and the impact of endometriosis on the lives of millions of women suffering from the disease. It has also worked hard to ensure that these women's voices are heard, and that significant progress is finally made in the treatment of endometriosis.
As early as March 11, 2021, the association took an active part in the proposal that served as the basis for drawing up the National Strategy to combat endometriosis evoked by the President of the Republic and initiated by the Ministry of Solidarity and Health.
"Within the 5 working groups, we have endeavored to put forward the voice of patients with conviction and determination, and to defend their interests, expectations and needs, without hesitating, when necessary s'to alert the Minister's office, which has triggered new hearings." Nathalie Clary President of EndomindThe association wishes to emphasize the importance of the following measures in the fight against endometriosis:
- Developing care networks
- Training healthcare professionals
- Awareness, information and communication
- Detection and diagnosis of endometriosis
- Recognition of endometriosis as a long-term illness
The ENDOmind association insisted in each of the working groups on the need to set up a committee to monitor the implementation of the national strategy, to ensure that it is carried out regardless of any changes in government.
We are delighted that this national steering committee will soon be attached to the Ministry of Solidarity and Health.
What does Endomind do for endometriosis research?
Since its creation, ENDOmind has been fully mobilized to act in favor of endometriosis research, highlighting the gaps and colossal needs in this field, denouncing the lack of data, the small number of projects and the virtual absence of public funding.
- In 2018 the association initiated with APHP the opening of the largest prospective research project, ComPaRe Endometriosis, which now has over 11,000 participants.
- The same year, ENDOmind created ENDOrun, a major annual sporting event dedicated exclusively to raising funds for endometriosis research (nearly €100,000 raised in 4 editions).
- Finally, in January 2021, ENDOmind created the Endometriosis Research Foundation (FRE) under the aegis of the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale. To date, it is the only organization exclusively dedicated to funding endometriosis research, and by May it will be launching its second call for projects aimed at researchers.ses. Its creation was hailed by Minister Olivier VERAN at the launch of work on the National Strategy in April 2021.
We are delighted to see the government sfinally getting involved in this crucial issue, and welcome the measures that have been taken, in particular the networking of disease researchers in France and the setting up of an incubator to help research projects get off the ground.
More articles on the subject of endometriosis :
Endometriosis: nutrition to calm inflammation?
How to manage endometriosis and periods irregularity?
Find out more about period pants Elia for periods , visit our website.